Wednesday, April 2, 2008

April Foolishness

Yesterday was a weird day. It started out all right for May 1. I went to read the Book of Mormon with a friend--we are reading it with the youth for their annual challenge of reading it in 2 months. Came home and started my house work. Randi came over and we cleaned a venetian blind and then since we are doing an exchange I showed her the genealogy I found for her. Then I realized that it wasn't May 1 but April 1 (I think Easter got me mixed up) and that I had missed my doctor's appointment in the morning and that certain April birthday cards hadn't been sent. I couldn't find my cell phone; I couldn't find my cancer journals; etc. We went to the YMCA for the first time since Feb 21 and I couldn't find my strength! But I did find these pics which reminded me of Robinson's trip to Chicago. Trying to get them scanned and put on the BLOG felt like another April Fool's Day, but here they are. So enjoy our foolishness in Washington DC! (embarrassed)



Look at me! The Lincoln Memorial is under my legs. OOOOH, am I tall! (smiley face)



Dennis is patting the top of the Congress Building. (smiley face)



Karen is supposed to have the umbrella protecting the congress building from the rain. But then what can you expect from a woman who has trouble keeping the umbrella over her own head. (smiley face)



Dennis is putting his elbow on Washington Monument! Be careful, honey, it might hurt! (sad face)



This is one of the best pics--hands got to the correct position! Karen touching the top of the Washington Monument. The light square around Karen's face is my attempt to lighten up the picture since I couldn't see my face. (embarrassed)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is that Dad or Robinson in those photos? How long ago were those taken?